As the Next Mayor of New YorkMy Priorities Will Be:
Put New York To Work
- My top priority as your Mayor will be getting unemployed New Yorkers back to work.
- I will create incentives for businesses to hire new workers.
- I'll support small business and work to alleviate the bureaucratic burdens they face.
- I will encourage, enable and incentivize business owners to do business in New York City.
- Most importantly, I will launch jobs training initiatives such as SKILLS CORPS to help New Yorkers get the skills they need to compete in the 21st century.
Clean Up City Government (and make it work for you)
- I am running for Mayor to bring an end to the era of pay-to-play politics in New York City. No longer should the interests and concerns of New Yorkers take a back seat to those of the rich and powerful.
- I'll work to end the conflict-of-interest "money funnel" of public funds flowing from the City Council to non-profits controlled by council members.
- I want to stop the practice of awarding "Lulus" or bonuses to council members for chairing committees. We must cut the fat out of the budget so that we can invest in what we truly need, from effective schools to efficient mass transit.
- I'll support CROWDSOURCING spending in every Council district in the city with PARTICIPATORY BUDGETING. It's your money and you should have a say in how it is spent.
- I will fight to reform budgeting practices and make the process more transparent with more public access and greater accountability. Taxpayer money is a sacred trust and must be treated as such.
Assure A Quality Education for All New York's Children
- I will fight to ensure equal access to quality schools for all our City's children.
- Since education begins in the home, I'll start by introducing parent education initiatives like PARENTS CORPS.
- I'll fight for curriculum reform to better prepare our children for college and to be competitive in the 21st century economy.
- I will INCENTIVIZE DEVELOPERS to build schools.
- I want New York City to lead in education innovation while learning from other successful models around the world.